Look no further, my newborn must-haves will help make moms lives easier and simpler. With the most convenient friendly items, you will be sure to conquer your day! Everyone knows how hectic a moms day can be. As a baseball wife of two young boys and a working mom, I'm here to help new moms […]
Look no further, my newborn must-haves will help make moms lives easier and simpler. With the most convenient friendly items, you will be sure to conquer your day!
Everyone knows how hectic a moms day can be. As a baseball wife of two young boys and a working mom, I'm here to help new moms navigate which products are worth the purchase and why.
SIMPLE AND EASY = MUST-HAVE!
TOP 15 CHECKLIST
TOP 15 NEWBORN-MUST HAVES AND WHY
1. STROLLERS - Strollers are the number one newborn must-have and yet they can be super expensive and the most inconvenient products. My top easy travel on-the-go stroller is the Doona. It has a 3 in 1 feature. You never have to wake a sleeping baby getting into the car or AIRPLANE!!! This is a game changer must-have!
2. BABY FURNITURE - Cribs are a staple newborn must-have for any nursery. There are so many options available! Another newborn must-have is the rocker and Ottoman for late night feeds. A Changing station and book shelf are also great pieces to have in the nursery!
4. MONITOR - Knowing your baby is safe and sound asleep is the best feeling as a mom. Having a monitor that is easy and reliable is a must-have for newborns. I used a high tech monitor that was able to detect breathing, temperature, air quality etc. I would recommend the Owlet Baby Monitor or theBabysenseMonitor.
5. BABY ESSENTIALS - Baby product must-haves. Diapers, shampoo, wipes, lotions, etc. I love the Honest Company because I feel safe and secure knowing what I'm using on my baby is made chemical free. As a mom you will learn more about yourself and an awareness for the world that you've never had before.
6. BABY CLOTHING - Organic onesies, gowns, leggings, hats, etc. are all newborn must-haves. We live in a world that is hard to purchase organic and most times is not affordable. Going organic ensures protection for your baby, while helping people and the planet. Hashtag Kids provides baby essentials and is truly a unique brand focusing on the health and safety of children. To find out more visit hashtagkids.com.
7. BOTTLES -Dr. Browns bottles are great for newborns must-haves. Some features are that they are clinically proven to reduce colic and shown to better preserve nutrients in breast milk and formula. They also aid in digestion for a good night’s sleep. NEWBORN MUST-HAVE!
8. DIAPER BAG - A diaper bag is a mommy must-have! From Target bags to your everyday purse, you can make almost any bag a diaper bag I found having side strap to be super helpful when traveling with two little ones. Backpacks are great too especially going on adventures with your kids!
9. PACIFIERS - Even though my kids were not fans of the pacifier, I've seen plenty of children who use them religiously making this a newborn must-have. The Wubbanub seems to be the most popular to keep babies soothed and calm.
10. HIGH CHAIR - High chairs are constantly being reinvented. There are plenty of options out there but having something for them to sit in while enjoying meal time is a newborn must-have! I recommend ahigh chair that has a 3 in 1 feature to get the most out of your purchase.
TOP NEWBORN MUST-HAVES CONTINUED...
11. TUMMY TIME - It is an important newborn must-have for baby to do consistent tummy time. Experts say babies should dotummy time everyday by the time they are 3 months old to help build muscles used to turn over and crawl. The mat I love is the Bright Starts Prop and Play Mat.
12. BABY PROOFING - Another confusing topic that can run you into problems and inconvenience are baby gates. I highly recommend the Toddleroo expansion baby gate. It will work any where in any home. If you really want to stay away from holes in your wall then I would choose the Magic baby gate that uses stickies instead. Make sure stairs, stoves, wall sockets and pointy corners are all covered in the basics for baby proofing!
13. BOPPY - I used the boppy everyday with my first born. It was a cozy spot that my baby could lay next to me on the coach. I also used the boppy when traveling. It made for great support and allowed my baby to sleep with comfort on my lap. This is absolutely a newborn must-have!
14. BABY BULLET - Everyone mom should try a baby blender. Whether you want to make home made baby food, or blend up a quick smoothie. It is super easy and convenient for everyday use. I say must-have the baby bullet!
15. BABY TUB - This is a newborn must-have that people might not think of. Baby tubs are super important, especially the first few months after they are born. Here is one of my favorites!
NEWBORN MUST-HAVES TO STOCK UP ON WHEN BABY ARRIVES
DIAPERS, WIPES, and FORMULA (unless you are breastfeeding) are three of the most important newborn must-haves for when baby arrives. Medicine, ointments and creams are also important incase of any situation that might pop up.
I love a good organic balm for diaper rash as well as the nasal pump to help with a stuffy nose. Burp clothes, bibs, and safety blankets, are all must-haves for newborns to stock up on as well.
BABY LINENS - Finding organic linens can be tricky, there isn't one specific brand that is completely organic. If you search you can find organic products sold through retailers such as Target, Buy Buy Baby, and Pottery Barn Kids.
MUST-HAVE FAVORITE BOOKS / TOYS
Keeping it simple is nearly impossible, almost every household ends up with piles of toys that most of the time are looked at for a short period of time. I have come to find that Montessori Toys are highly recommend for children and you can never have too many books!
A company that does a great job with keeping it simple and relevant by age is Lovevery.The toys are all about learning while they play. Click here for some of the top children's books.
THINGS YOU MAY NOT NEED OR CONSIDER A NEWBORN MUST-HAVE
Every mom personality is different when is comes to newborn must-haves. Some swear by things when others never use them. Like bottle warmers, something you don't need but may want to have. A baby sling is also another good one. By doing a little research and listening to mom experiences, you will learn more about your likes and dislikes.
PLAY MAT - This is a newborn must-have I say yes to that might not make the list. Creating a safe space with a fun floor for them to do as they please on will go a long way. The top floor mats that I love are theDots and Stars Reversible Play Mat and the Bammax Play Mat.
DONATING used and unused items to a local Good Will is always a great option, something I always look forward when my kids have out grown their clothing and toys.